Friday, September 17, 2010

Almost through the 1st full week of lunch @ school!

TGIF! and I mean- THANK GOD! We made it through the first week of Alexa eating at a big new school where they serve peanut butter.  Our first time experiencing it and she did great-so I am relieved.  However, yesterday a Mom at school told me an other allergic child went in the food line and somehow ended up with a Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich. He took a bite, raised his hand and said "I forgot I'm allergic." Keep in mind -this is second hand and I was told this story in the hallway, in passing at pick up time, but according to her, EMS was called and luckily the child did not have a life threatening reaction.  This raises all kinds of questions for me but NO ONE else has mentioned it at school and Alexa was clueless (thank God-again!).   So I'm on the fence as to whether or not to even bring it up.  I'm reluctant to pass along information from another Mom (grapevine and all that) but curious to know what happened? How was the child? how did the school handle it? What did they learn from the experience? Anyone out there have any thoughts about this? Anyone think I should ask the school for more information?

No comments:

Post a Comment