Sunday, November 6, 2011

Egg, soy, nut free mini donuts

When Alexa was a little over 1 year old I bought her a donut at Dunkin Donuts.  She spit it out.  I didn't know at the time she was allergic to Peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy and all legumes.  It probably made her mouth itch.  But I just thought "what kid doesn't like donuts?". Since then, I have been meaning to try to make some egg free donuts but just never got around to it.  I came across a mini donut pan the other day and decided it was time to give them a try.  I found this recipe at Vegan Yum Yum http://veganyumyum.com/2007/02/mini-donut-test-kitchen/ and decided to give it a try today.  The photos are the end result.  Used real milk and real butter (because we're not vegan) and they came out delish.  I overfilled the tins so the first batch looks more like muffins with holes than donuts but the taste was yummy.  Not too sweet, not too "cake" like or too "muffin" like in texture and they were a BIG hit with the kids.  I think they each had at least 4 and I'm embarrassed to say I probably ate at least 4 as well. (I hope my Jenny Craig consultant isn't reading this!).  Anyway-I give this recipe a thumbs up.  I may attempt an egg free fried version at some point but for now these were YUM YUM ;-)




2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've been reading your lovely blog and I was wondering if you could help me with some research I'm doing for my college degree project. I'm trying to get allergy sufferers to take this survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VT7YSMN

    It could potentially help others, and even save lives! Thank you!

    - Ariana

    ReplyDelete

  2. It is one of the largest coffee and baked goods chains in the world,
    with more than 12,000 restaurants in 36 countries.
    The chain’s products include doughnuts, bagels, other baked goods,
    and a variety of hot and iced beverag


    dunkinnation survey


    dunkinnation survey

    ReplyDelete